In The Lord, We Have Full Redemption.

We are not to pray to God with superficial words that don’t mean very much to us. Our prayer is to be a real cry from the heart: ‘Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord’(Psalm 130:1). We are to ‘cry for mercy’ with a deep awareness of how sinful we really are: ‘If You, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?’(Psalm 130:3). We must come to God with deep humility - ‘My heart is not proud, O Lord’(Psalm 131:1). When we truly confess our sin, we receive God’s ‘unfailing love’and ‘forgiveness’(Psalm 130:4). ‘In the Lord’ we have ‘full redemption’(Psam 130:7). It is for ‘now’ - ‘The vilest offender who truly believes, that moment from Jesus a pardon receives’. It is ‘for evermore’ - ‘But purer and higher and greater will be our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see!’. ‘Praise the Lord!... Give Him the glory!’(Psalm 131:3; Church Hymnary, 374).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all that you said here. The moment that I truly prayed to god with an honest cry for mercy and open heart was one of the greatest moments in all of my life. I actually wrote a poem about it....I would love for you to check it out. My Prayer (Poem). Thank You for this post. Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Peter, for your words of appreciation and encouragement, for sharing your poem and for linking to my blog.
Every Blessing.
Charlie