"I Will Pour Out My Spirit."

In the Acts of the Apostles, we read of many people coming to faith in Jesus Christ. What is the explanation? - The Holy Spirit. In Acts 2:41, we read of three thousand souls being added to the Church on one day. What is the explanation? Go back to Acts 2:4 - "they were all filled with the Holy Spirit ... the Spirit gave them utterance." Read Acts 2:16-18 - "this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel ... I will pour out My Spirit ... I will pour out My Spirit." In Acts 4:33, we see the apostles, "with great power, giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus." What is the explanation? Acts 4:31 gives us the answer - "they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the Word of God with boldness." May God help us to learn much from the men of God in the Acts of the Apostles. They were men filled with the Holy Spirit. May God help us to be more like them.

No comments: